In March 2018, Kevin Carley of Greenville, Wisconsin, went to exercise at his local YMCA. Everything was going fine after he warmed up and stepped onto the treadmill… until about 15 minutes into his workout, when he started struggling to breathe.
Then came the cold sweat. And then Kevin collapsed, right there on the gym floor. His face was blue.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and began CPR. They also shocked him with an automated external defibrillator.
Kevin’s wife, Daphne, was absolutely shocked to learn her fit and active husband had mysteriously gone into cardiac arrest. The medical team asked her if he ever suffered from seizures or particular medical issues like diabetes — but the 42-year-old husband and father was the healthiest he’d ever been. He was exercising regularly and eating healthily.
The next time Kevin opened his eyes and was aware of what was going on, it was a completely different day.
Doctors had to put Kevin in a medically induced coma and kept him in the hospital for a week. They still had no clue why he had suffered cardiac arrest.
It wasn’t until they emptied his stomach that a slimy green liquid spilled out of his mouth.
Now he and Daphne are sharing their story to warn others about a very common pre-workout practice.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.