Everyone has their own holiday traditions that they diligently repeat every single year. Some travel thousands of miles to make sure that they can celebrate with their loved ones.
Others have clothes, carols and food that are their go-tos each year. But, no matter how you and your loves ones celebrate, holiday cards are usually involved in some way.
People get pretty creative with their holiday card, which is part of the fun — just look at this woman who really went for it with this “family” holiday card last year. Inspiration aside, let’s face it, finding the exact wording for your own holiday cards to meet every festive scenario can be tricky.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of of festive and appropriate greetings for every occasion. The holidays are busy enough as it is, let us at least help you make them just a bit easier.
Thumbnail Photo: Flickr/liz west
Standard Holiday Card Greetings
This is a list of greetings that can be written in a standard holiday card and given to pretty much anyone – no matter their religion, beliefs or traditions:
- “Warmest wishes of the season from our family to yours.”
- “May peace, good will and happiness follow you this holiday season.”
- “Wishing you and your family joy and peace for the holidays.”
- “May your holiday season sparkle and may the year ahead be full of joy.”
- “The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these be yours this holiday season.”
Business-Friendly Holiday Card Greetings
This list of greetings is festive and workplace appropriate — perfect for coworkers or clients:
- “Happy holidays and have a prosperous year.”
- “Warmest wishes to you and yours during the holidays.”
- “Hoping that you have a safe, fun and happy holidays!”
- “May this holiday season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.”
- “Have a joyous holiday season and a smashing New Year.”
Funny Holiday Card Greetings
This list of greetings is bound to make friends and family giggle:
- “Have a holly jolly holidays!”
- “Happy holidays, from our dysfunctional family to yours!”
- “May all of the presents you receive this year be tasteful and useful!”
- “May all the socks you receive for the holidays be colorful and fun!”
- “Wishing you health, happiness and minimal hangovers this holidays season!”
Pet-Themed Holiday Card Greetings
For those who want their pet to be the holiday card focal point:
- “Happy Pawlidays!”
- “May the holidays bring you so much joy and even more squeaky toys!”
- “We hope our favorite humans have a pawsome howliday!”
- “Hoping you and your family have a purrfect holiday season!”
- “We wish you a Merry Lickmas and a Yappy New Year!”
Tropical Holiday Card Greetings
For the family who loves to spend their holidays on the beach:
- “Happy Holidays to beach bums and snow bunnies alike.”
- “Warm wishes (literally) from our family to yours this holiday season.”
- “We hope your holidays are filled with sleigh bells and sandy shorts.”
- “Wishing you health, happiness and plenty of SPF for the holidays!”
- “Surf’s up this holiday season!”
Country-Themed Card Greetings
Here are some nifty country-themed greetings you can use!
- “Have yourselves a swell holiday, cowboys!”
- “Happy Yee-Holidays!”
- “Have a galloping holidays and a ten gallon New Year.”
- “Wishing you a swell, southern fried holiday season.”
- “Sending you warm wishes by the wagonload!”
Kid-Friendly Holiday Card Greetings
If you have kids, then there’s no better way to wish your family and friends well than with then with the below phrases:
- “We hope the holidays bring you as much joy as toys bring us!”
- “Our little holidays helpers wish you well”
- “Happy holidays, from the mischievous holiday munchkins.”
- “Happy holidays! May your stockings (and ours) be filled with sweets.”
- “Santa’s elves are ready for the holidays and we hope you are too.”
Christmas Card Greetings
These Christmas greetings will get you super excited for Santa and sleigh bells in the middle of the night:
- “Christmas couldn’t be better because we have you in our lives.”
- “Christmas is about sharing and celebrating, so let’s stay in spirit all year long.
- “We hope you have a happy Christmas, regardless of what you’re wishing for under your tree!”
- “Santa’s sleigh is almost on its way — Merry Christmas to you and your’s!
- “May this holiday brings you enough happiness and love to fill the rest of the year — you deserve it.”
Not all of us celebrate Christmas — here’s what you can write to wish someone a wonderful Hanukkah:
- “Wishing for the festival of lights to shine bright for you and your loved ones.”
- “Wishing you a Hanukkah full of love and light!”
- “Let the Menorah candles shine bright and best wishes!”
- “We wish you and your family a Happy Hanukkah! May your home be happy and your gelt be plentiful”
- “Keep the spirit of Hanukkah in your heart this holiday season.”
Now that Christmas and Hanukkah are covered, let’s look at Thanksgiving – another incredibly important holiday.
- “Have a gobbling good Thanksgiving!”
- “May your turkey taste as great and your pies come out perfectly.”
- “Happy Thanksgiving! We’re very thankful to you in our lives”
- “Wishing you a full stomach and a full heart on Thanksgiving.”
- “During this wonderful holiday I thought I’d thank you for being such a wonderful friend. Happy Thanksgiving.”
If this article got you inspired, then SHARE it with loved ones on Facebook.