FAMILY & PARENTING

This $52 On Sale Rice Cooker From Wayfair Is Essential For Moms Who Are Stuck At Home

by Karen Belz
Karen Belz has written for sites such as Bustle, HelloGiggles, Romper, and So Yummy. She's the mom of a sassy toddler and drinks an alarming amount of Sugar-Free Red Bull in order to keep up with her.

There’s a reason why rice is so popular. It’s filling, cheap, and good with so many recipes. Just name one protein that doesn’t pair perfectly with white rice.

Even tofu is a hit.

As a parent, you probably made sure to stock up on rice while trying to prepare for COVID-19. So you deserve an easy way to make it. Back when I was younger, my mom used to make rice in a way that is similar to how I currently make pasta. You boil the water first, then put it in. Then you cover the pot and hope that science takes over. The rice absorbs the water and turns into an incredible side dish.

While my mom was a very determined cook, we never had a rice cooker in the house.

So while the rice was fine 80% of the time, the other 20% it looked either a little burned or too watery. I adopted her way of cooking rice until my husband and I moved in together and combined kitchen items. “Why bother having an appliance that can do what I can do on the stove?” I asked. Then he told me to try it out. From there on out, I have never cooked rice without it. These days, rice cookers can save a lot of time when it comes to dinner.

This rice cooker from Wayfair has a lot going on. It’s great for big families, as it can cook up to 12 cups of rice at once. It also works with both white and brown rice, as the two cook differently. But that’s not all — when you’re done cooking rice, you can also prepare a ton of other meals, from soups to oatmeal.

Already worried about how you’re going to prep food during this nationwide epidemic? Check out the Aroma 12-Cup Professional Rice Cooker/Food Steamer/Slow Cooker and feel a little more in control.

Shop Now: Aroma 12-Cup Professional Rice Cooker/Food Steamer/Slow Cooker ($51.99, Wayfair)

Psst: If you choose to purchase an item from this post, LittleThings may receive a small cut. Each item and price is up to date at the time of publication; however, an item may be sold out or the price may be different at a later date.