For any parent, that moment we turn off the light, shut the door and finally hear our babies sleeping soundly is a precious one. But even when things are supposed to be the most peaceful, life can take a terrifying turn. For instance, if bumper pads placed in cribs are too soft, the baby’s nose or face can get pressed up against it, and the baby can suffocate. And now there’s a new dangerous crib-related issue, and it involves putting two of them too close together.
Alison Johnson, a mother of three from Phoenix, Arizona, recently walked into a horrific scene in her twins’ room — and now she’s sharing her warning with other parents. Like many mothers of kids who are close in age, Alison and her husband decided to set up their twins’ cribs side-by-side. One morning, she put Caleb down for his nap. After a few minutes, she heard him crying and so she went to check on him. She says what she found will haunt her forever.
Because of the placement of Caleb and Libby’s cribs, Alison’s son was on the brink of hanging himself. “When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger,” Alison writes on Facebook. Her post has been shared nearly 50,000 times by concerned parents across the country.
Scroll down to read this important information all parents should see…
Credit: Facebook/Alison Johnson
“I have a lot of friends that have twins or kids close in age that may have a similar set up, so I wanted to share something VERY scary that happened today.”
He had climbed out of his crib and was stuck between his crib and Libby’s crib. His body fit through, but his head wouldn’t. He was using every ounce of energy he had to hold himself up by his little arms. If they had given out, he would’ve just been hanging there by his head.
“This morning I put Caleb down for his nap. Shortly after he started to cry. After a few minutes, I went in to check on him.”
“He had climbed out of his crib and was stuck between his crib and Libby’s crib. His body fit through, but his head wouldn’t. He was using every ounce of energy he had to hold himself up by his little arms.
If they had given out, he would’ve just been hanging there by his head.”
“What’s even more scary is that like many moms, I generally use nap time as an opportunity to shower. Had I done that today and checked on him after five minutes, he would have literally hung himself.
When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger.”
“Please consider sharing this post in case someone you know may have a similar set up. It’s incredibly heartbreaking to think of what the outcome could have been today. I’m still totally shook up over it and don’t think the vision of him stuck there will ever leave my head.”
Please SHARE this important message with your friends on Facebook, and help spread the word about this dangerous issue!