At big family dinners, I always look forward to sitting down with my loved ones and tucking into an awesome meal, chock-full of comfort food dishes that get pulled out for special occasions.
Of course, some of those dishes are downright delicious for any occasion, so we love finding new and interesting ways to incorporate them into an ordinary school night dinner or a weekend snack.
As we saw with these cheesy skillet meatballs, it’s pretty simple to turn a big family favorite into a simple speedy meal — all you need is a little creativity. And, of course, all of the foodies here at LittleThings are happy to lend a hand!
The latest “special” recipe getting an everyday makeover is a Southern favorite: sweet potatoes with marshmallows! But with our version, single sweet potatoes are baked and served up with that signature caramelized topping, and a tasty twist.
Print out the recipe below to make this scrumptious side for your family!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Crushed pecans
- Bake sweet potatoes for 60 minutes at 350 °F, and let cool.
- Slice each potato open, and scoop out the insides, leaving potato about 1/4 inch deep in the skins. Set skins aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potato with cinnamon and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture back into empty potato skins. Stuff with marshmallows and top with crushed pecans.
- Bake 10 more minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.