Deep-fried, golden, and gloriously crispy, classic tater tots have been one of America’s star side dishes for decades. Today, handy, prepackaged tots are available in the frozen aisle at almost every supermarket in the country.
They can be added to so many great recipes to bulk up ordinary dishes, as seen in this heavenly tater tot ranch pizza mash-up.
But in an exclusive video below, we share a simple recipe for a lighter, healthier version of the classic snack: delectable, fresh cauliflower tots!
Only five ingredients are needed to make the tots, and, after they’re baked, you’ll get to enjoy their crispy, cheesy perfection.
Check out the recipe below to see just how easily you can whip up these healthy, yummy tots, then view the complete tutorial in the video.
Will you be trying your hand at this amazing, simple recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- 2 cups cauliflower, steamed and shredded
- 8 Tbsps. shredded Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large egg
1⁄4tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out little tots from the mixture. Arrange them on a cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate tots tor 10 minutes to allow to firm up.
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Will you be preparing these in your own kitchen? Let us know in the comments below.
Please SHARE if you love making fun, healthy versions of classic snacks at home!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.