LIFE

Horrified Parents Rush Toddler To The ER When He Finds Magnetic Balls In Drawer And Swallows 20

by Ann-Sophie Kaemmerle
Native New Yorker, University of Virginia graduate, runner, and sometimes stand-up performer.

The Friday before Christmas was a nightmare for the Mariner family, whose young son’s medical emergency is now prompting them to issue a warning about a popular toy in people’s homes.

Jason and Charlene received toy magnetic balls as a gift from a friend and stored them in a drawer, which they thought put them out of reach of their 2-year-old son, Colt.

But somehow, Colt managed to get into the drawer and put the magnetic balls in his mouth. He swallowed them.

His parents grew concerned when he started complaining about a stomach ache, and through he wasn’t throwing up, they decided that it was best to take him to the ER.

It’s lucky they did: doctors said that he could have died from ingesting the magnetic balls.

An x-ray revealed that Colt hadn’t just swallowed a few of the tiny objects, but twenty of them. Doctors are now saying that the magnetic balls aren’t just dangerous because of their size, but also because of their power. If two balls find themselves on opposite sides of tissue, they can erode that tissue until there’s a hole.

Luckily for Colt, all the magnetic balls in his system are now gone. Doctors were able to remove a few while the others passed naturally.

Please SHARE this important warning with the parents you know!

Footage provided by WPTV West Palm Beach

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.