In a perfect world, we would all have the time (and ability) to create homemade meals for ourselves or our family on a regular basis. However, as we all know, sometimes it feels like there’s barely enough time to heat up a frozen meal in the microwave.
If the thought of preparing a meal that requires longer than it takes to boil water scares you, never fear! In The Hostess Next Door, Vanessa Cantave is here to share 15 of her best kitchen tips and time-saving hacks that will make you feel like a domestic goddess — without all the work.
1. Make a list and plan your grocery trip accordingly. Doing this online saves the most time.
2. Buy veggies precut.
3. Use a spoon to peel a fresh ginger root.
4. Remember “smaller cooks faster.”
5. Prepare citrus ice cubes for water or sangria. (These have a huge impact on a drink’s flavor and are so easy to make!)
6. Triple your favorite soup recipe and freeze for a quick meal in the future.
7. A rotisserie chicken can be used for almost anything.
8. A squeeze bottle can be used to make pancakes.
9. Roasting beets whole makes for very easy peeling.
10. Use a straw to easily remove strawberry stems.
11. Use a mandoline to slice fruits and vegetables.
12. Use a “waste bowl” when preparing meals, to save time.
13. Clean as you go.
14. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
15. Embrace gourmet sandwiches and leftovers.
Have one to add to the list? Add it to the comments. And make sure to SHARE this list on Facebook.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.