Filet mignon: it’s one of the most respected and classy dishes you could ever make for someone in your own home. However, there’s a huge difference between cooking a good steak, and cooking a bad one, and you’d be surprised how easy you can overcook something that’s meant to be so delicious and perfect.
But that’s where Chef Vanessa Cantave comes in. If you’re preparing to make the perfect romantic dinner for the love of your life, you better thank this talented lady for coming up with a recipe that turns out to be surprisingly simple, but looks incredible when it’s all finished up!
This meal might sound and look impressive, but believe us when we say it is possible to make on your own. You don’t need the world’s fanciest kitchen to pull this beautiful recipe off, but when you’re finished up and plating it all for a beautiful presentation, your dinner date will seriously be falling in love with your culinary talents!
Thumbnail Credit: Facebook / Platos Restaurant & Bar
Please SHARE if you think could eat this steak dinner every single day of your life!
- 4 6-8 oz. Filet mignon medallions
- 2 TBS High heat oil such as grapeseed oil
- Dash Kosher salt
- Dash Black pepper
- FOR MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Flour
- 1 QT Mushroom or beef broth
- 2 Cups Assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Preheat a sauté pan or with the grapeseed oil until the oil just begins to smoke (smokepoint).
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and tie (if necessary).
- Sear the steak on all sides and finish in the oven until desired doneness (about 5-7 minutes for medium-rare).
- If preparing a whole tenderloin, allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare the mushroom sauce: begin with a classic béchamel.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a saucepan and add the flour.
- Allow the mixture to cook and foam for 2-3 minutes, before adding the mushroom broth.
- Add the broth slowly and whisk the entire time.
- Mixture will become thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute the mushrooms over high heat for 4-6 minutes. Add to the mushroom béchamel sauce.
And please SHARE this amazing recipe on your Facebook!