When it comes to the holidays, everyone deserves to let loose and indulge in a piece of old-fashioned pecan pie or a luscious lemon meringue cupcake.
The holidays are also a great time to explore festive new dessert recipes. With friends and family coming over for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, you’ll have plenty of taste testers who will be more than happy to chow down on your culinary creations.
On this week’s episode of Hostess Next Door, chef Vanessa Cantave is sharing her favorite post-Thanksgiving dinner treat: toasted sweet corn pudding. With its unique texture and earthy taste, this sweet pudding is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread.
All you have to do to make Vanessa’s corn pudding is blend all of the ingredients — including frozen corn kernels and Eggland’s Best eggs — and bake for 45 minutes.
If you like bread pudding, then you are going to love this toasted corn pudding. It’s the perfect combination of savory and sweet, and it couldn’t be easier to prepare.
Check out Vanessa’s sweet corn pudding below, and make sure to SHARE this recipe with friends and family, so they can make it for their holiday feasts, too.
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
1⁄2cup whole milk
- 6 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
1⁄2vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until almost smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, until brown and the center is just set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, in individual bowls with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Top with ground nutmeg or cinnamon.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.