If there’s one thing I miss most about living in the south, it’s the delicious Tex-Mex food I could chow down on whenever I wanted. I could honestly eat the spicy dishes for every single meal of the day.
So you can imagine how happy I was to find this super easy breakfast bake! The chipotle chili with adobo sauce gives the eggs a perfect kick that will definitely wake you up in the morning. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can cut the chili in half and still enjoy the recipe with a milder flavor.
Personally, I love making all my meals extra picante. That said, it’s important to use moderation with this particular pepper. Adding just one to your dish might not seem like a lot, but these bad boys really pack a firey punch.
Take a look at the yummy Tex-Mex recipe and see all the steps in the video underneath.
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 9 eggs
- Roll out crescent dough and fold into rectangles with raised edges.
- Bake pastry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Pour chipotle chili in adobo sauce and undrained tomatoes into food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take pastry from the oven and pour 8 eggs onto rectangles.
- Use remaining egg to brush over the pastry edges.
- Bake eggs at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Simmer chipotle sauce on stovetop.
- Pour sauce over eggs and serve.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.