Candles are a great accessory in any room. They provide soft, warm mood lighting and a gentle flicker that turn your space into a tranquil, romantic getaway.
But sometimes, you want your candles to do more than light up a room, especially when they’re not lit!
After all, if a candle is going to take up space, it might as well look nice 100 percent of the time.
Luckily, there are many easy DIY ways to create candles that are visually interesting even when unlit, like the ones in vintage cans that give off a rustic, shabby-chic vibe.
This project has a funky, artsy look that’s perfect if you like a bohemian style. And the best part? It’s so easy!
- Plain votive or pillar candles
- Temporary tattoos. We used metallic ones for extra sparkle, but choose any style you like!
- Wet cloth
- Peel the plastic off your temporary tattoo and place in desired location on the candle.
- Press with a wet cloth for 40 seconds, just like you’re applying to the skin.
- Remove cloth and paper backing.
- Repeat until your candle looks good!
Be sure to watch the video below for a great step-by-step tutorial.
Please SHARE if you love cheap, easy, and beautiful DIY projects like this!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.