The combination of two different ingredients has led to some of our favorite foods, like peanut butter and jelly, bacon and eggs, and milk and cookies!
Even some flavors that look like they would be completely strange mixed together are pretty tasty if you give them a try, like strawberries and balsamic vinegar, or cheddar cheese and apple pie.
But we bet that you have never tried this flavor combination before: meatloaf, muffins, and tacos!
Before you scratch your head, think about how delicious meatloaf would be with the southwestern flare from tacos.
The only thing that could make that combo better is to make it muffin-sized, because everything — even cheeseburgers — are better in muffin form!
If you are curious about combining all of these flavors, then you have to check out our recipe for taco meatloaf muffins. They combine all of meatloaf’s — well — meatiness, with taco flavoring and the portability of muffins.
Check below to see this simple recipe for these yummy little bites — though you’ll definitely want more than one when you’re done!
- 1 Tbsp. chili oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 package ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Add chili oil, onion, carrot, and garlic to a pan and sauté, then set aside.
- Combine cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, paprika, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add sautéed veggies, salsa, bread crumbs, ground beef, and the eggs into the bowl, and mix thoroughly with your hands to combine.
- Mold the mixture into a cupcake tin, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove, serve with your favorite southwestern sides, and enjoy!
And make sure to SHARE the recipe with family and friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.