There are some days when you just need to indulge. Not every day, of course — then it wouldn’t be a treat!
But once in a while, you have to just go for it.
A great time to do it is for a weekend brunch. It’s leisurely, it’s fun to share with friends, and the best part? You can do it yourself! So while you’re indulging, you can also be proud of creating something. Double satisfaction!
This recipe for a sweet take on a panini is great for a brunch treat. It’s also endlessly customizable, so you can experiment with all kinds of delicious ingredients. We know for a fact that peanut butter goes pretty spectacularly with croissants.
The recipe below will show you the basics, as well as some of the most popular “panini” fillings, and the video will show you how to put everything together for a memorable treat.
This recipe is a little looser than others, so you can use as little or as much of the ingredients as you prefer. We do, though, recommend not piling it up too high, as it will all squish out when you press it!
If you know someone who’s looking to up their brunch game, looking for a fancier spin on the breakfast burrito, or who just wants a little something sweet, be sure to SHARE this recipe with them!
- Sweet cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Slivered almonds
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Slice your croissants horizontally.
- For bananas Foster, spread on sweet cream cheese, and layer sliced banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- For raspberry Nutella, spread Nutella, and layer raspberries and almonds.
- For s'mores, spread Marshmallow Fluff, and layer graham crackers and chocolate.
- Replace the tops of your croissants to form a sandwich.
- Press filled croissants in a panini press until golden brown. You can also press in a frying pan on low heat with a spatula, flipping to toast both sides.
- Cut in half, serve, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.