Summer is now in full swing — meaning backyard barbecues and pool parties are at the peak of their popularity.
Are you gearing up for a summer party yourself?
Before you set out your chips and soda this year, consider taking a more creative approach to your party preparation. With just a few simple materials and a couple extra minutes of planning, you can make your get-together stick out as one of the season’s greatest!
Check out the material lists and directions below to learn how to incorporate these summertime party hacks into your next celebration. For more in-depth instructions, watch the video.
- plastic beach pails and shovels
- popcorn and pretzels
- small mason jars
- fruit punch or party drink
- cupcake liners
- hole punch
- bendy straws
- plastic margarita glass
- large chip bowl
- chips and dip
- lime slice
- bottled beer and/or soda cans
- frozen water balloons
- Instead of presenting your snacks in boring, old bowls, use a classic beach pail and shovel to serve them.
- Serve fruit punch or another summer drink in small Mason jars. Then, punch holes into the center of yellow cupcake liners and stick bendy straws through for cute cup toppers.
- Stick a plastic margarita glass into the center of a chip bowl. Pour chips around the edges of the glass, then scoop dip inside. For an added touch, stick a lime slice onto the glass’s rim.
- Rather than serving bottled beverages or soda cans in an ice-filled bucket or cooler, fill a tub with frozen water balloons. Once the ice in the balloons melts to water, toss them for a fun party game!
Which of these creative party hacks is your favorite? Let us know in the comments, then please SHARE these tips and tricks with your friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.