The weather is heating up, which likely means that so is your social calendar. Of course, summer cookouts and get-togethers go hand in hand with summer cocktails.
There are few better ways to enjoy the heat than by cooling down with a delicious summer cocktail. In winter, we may enjoy heavier drinks like eggnog, but in summer, rosé and fruity concoctions steal the show.
In this episode of Hostess Next Door, Chef Vanessa Cantave shows us how to make some of her favorite summer drinks.
Next time you entertain friends or family, think about knocking their socks off with frozen rosé, commonly referred to as “frosé.” This chilled take on summer water is the ultimate adult slushie to treat your guests (and yourself) to.
Another fun and delicious cocktail to try this summer isn’t technically a cocktail at all! Watermelon margarita wedges prove that a drink doesn’t always have to involve drinking.
This recipe involves margarita-soaked watermelon slices. I, for one, can barely think of anything I’d rather enjoy on a hot afternoon.
The best part is that since it’s fruit, we can tell ourselves that it’s healthy. Just make sure to keep these wedges somewhere that little hands won’t be able to reach them.
Find the full recipe below and make sure to SHARE these yummy ideas with your friends on Facebook!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
1⁄2cup blanco tequila
1⁄4cup orange liqueur
1⁄4cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1⁄2bunch fresh mint leaves
- For garnish flake salt
- Quarter watermelon and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange watermelon in a shallow serving bowl.
- Pour sugar-water mixture, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice over watermelon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (or up to 1 day) and allow margarita mixture to soak in.
- Garnish with mint leaves and flake salt to serve. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.