Pasta is one of those meals that everyone in the family can agree on. After all, what’s better than yummy noodles covered in delicious sauce and gooey, melty cheese? Not much, if you ask me! It also happens to be one of the most customizable options when you’re stuck for something new to serve for dinner. As much as I love spaghetti, the same old recipe can get pretty old after a few nights in a row. Mixing things up with different pastas and unique ingredients is an easy way to wow everyone at the table.
For instance, this amazing recipe for stuffed shells will make the perfect addition to your home’s cookbook when you’re looking to quell some cravings for carbs. I remember the first time my mom made something like this for our family, and I was so impressed by her new culinary skills! I ended up asking for seconds that night and have requested it for my special birthday dinner ever since.
By combining three scrumptious cheeses with lean beef and soaking them all in traditional vodka sauce, your mouth will water way before the timer dings. All you need is now is some bread and salad on the side for the perfect evening menu!
Not to take away from my mom’s talent in the kitchen, but seeing how seriously simple this is to whip up definitely inspires me to give it a try myself as soon as I get home tonight. You can even substitute the beef for turkey or veggie grounds!
Check out the recipe below and wow your family tonight, too!
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 jar vodka sauce
1⁄2cups shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend (6 oz.) 1⁄2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container (8 oz.) of chive cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cook and drain pasta shells as described on package.
- Cook ground beef in 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix Parmesan, Italian, and chive cream cheese with your egg in a large bowl, then add ground beef.
- Spoon cheese and beef mixture into cooked shells.
- Pour vodka sauce into bottom of baking dish and place shells inside, then pour more sauce on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then add more Italian cheese on top. Bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.