When it comes to breakfast, I often like to put creative spins on classic dishes to really start my day off on the right foot.
My friends and family were delighted when I plated up these waffle-inspired ham and cheese sandwiches, and asked for even more stunning variations.
That led me to this lovely recipe below, which incorporates fresh bread, fruit, and a magical ingredient to elevate traditional French toast.
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsps. milk
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Diced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Combine the egg and milk in a dish. Whisk well to make the dipping mixture.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread. This will make them easier to roll up.
- Spread each slice of bread with 3/4 Tbsp. Nutella.
- Sprinkle strawberries along the bottom of the bread. Roll up the bread.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat each roll well in the egg mixture. Cook each roll for about 4 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve while warm, and enjoy!
Watch the tutorial in the video below to follow the steps. You can absolutely substitute both Nutella and strawberries for your favorite spreads and fruits!
Let us know if you’ll be trying your hand at these quick and easy breakfast roll-ups!
Imagine waking up to this delicious breakfast on a Saturday morning!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.