Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food. With gooey cheese melted between slices of warm, toasty bread, there are few things more satisfying than a classic grilled cheese sandwich.
Plus, they take virtually no effort to make, which is why it’s such a go-to in so many households. Grilled cheeses are highly adaptable — they welcome any twist on style and flavor, and can pair easily with everything from blueberries to marinara sauce.
It’s hard to make a perfect dish even better, but chef Vanessa Cantave has somehow managed to do it. On this week’s episode of Hostess Next Door, Vanessa is teaching us how to upgrade our grilled cheese with crispy strips of bacon and Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey™ Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread!
Vanessa knows that one of the reasons we love grilled cheese so much is because it’s simple to make, which is why her recipe requires no additional prep work. With the slight kick from the fruit spread and the salty crunch from the bacon, your grilled cheese will taste like it took time, but will only take a few minutes to prepare!
If you’re ready to take your grilled cheese game to the next level, check out Vanessa’s recipe below, and watch the video to see how this gourmet grilled cheese comes together.
Do you know someone who loves bacon and cheese? Make sure to SHARE this article with them on Facebook!
1⁄2-inch thick) slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 2 tbsps. Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey™ Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 6-8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 6-8 oz. grated fontina cheese
- Spread the Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey™ Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread onto two slices of bread and divide the cheese evenly between the remaining two slices.
- Add four slices of bacon on top of the cheese, then top with the two slices of bread with jam.
- In a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter.
- Add one sandwich to the pan and slowly cook for 7-9 minutes, until the bread is golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Repeat with the second sandwich. Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.