When it comes to breakfast food, oatmeal is just about as good as it gets.
However, eating a bowl of oatmeal every morning can start to get a bit bland. Luckily, there are many ways to sneak oats into other foods. Try incorporating the grain into other delicious morning dishes, like with these satisfying strawberry cream cheese bars.
With the sweet flavor of Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey™ Strawberry Fruit Spread and the crunch of the oats, these strawberry cream cheese bars are the perfect morning treat. You can even prepare these filling bars in advance and keep them on hand for a week’s worth of delicious breakfasts on the go.
Strawberries and cream cheese are a match made in foodie heaven, so these breakfast bars will make your taste buds sing. Combine that with the honey of the fruit spread and the almond extract mixed into the cream cheese, and you get a breakfast that will start your mornings on a flavorful note.
Check out the ingredients and recipe for the strawberry cream cheese bars below, and watch the video to learn how to make them yourselves.
If you know someone who loves sweet breakfast treats, make sure to SHARE this recipe with them.
1⁄4cup brown sugar
3⁄4cup butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
1⁄4tsp. almond extract
- 1 jar Smucker's® Fruit & Honey™ Strawberry Fruit Spread
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and almond extract.
- Line a square tin with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour. Fill tin with 3/4 of the oat mixture and pat down flat. Top with cream cheese mixture and Smucker's® Fruit & Honey™ Strawberry Fruit Spread.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top of the Fruit Spread and bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Let the bars cool, then cut and serve!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.