Breakfast might be the most important meal of the day, but that doesn’t mean I always have time to sit down for a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast.
More often, I’m on the go and just need something I can grab on my way out the door.
And not only have I found a recipe for delicious strawberry banana muffins that will hold me over until lunch, but they also happen to be on the healthier side!
In this exclusive video, you’ll see how to make these one-of-a-kind muffins using applesauce in place of added sugar.
(Just make sure to grab a jar of sugar-free applesauce to keep things as healthy as possible.)
I can’t wait to try this recipe at home, especially since it uses two of my favorite fresh fruits: strawberries and bananas.
Scroll through below for this easy-to-follow recipe, and then watch the video to see the muffin-making process in action.
And don’t forget to please SHARE with family and friends!
3⁄4cup applesauce 1⁄2cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 Tbsps. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2tsp. cinnamon 1⁄2tsp. salt
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together applesauce, butter, egg, bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, and mix in strawberries.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then lower to 350°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
And please SHARE with anyone who loves healthier alternatives for baking!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.