In less than a week, Santa Claus will be landing his reindeer on our roof, and we plan to be prepared!
After all, Kris Kringle is a well-known cookie connoisseur, which means that it behooves us to have some truly spectacular delicacies waiting next to a glass of frosty-cold milk, of course!
With that in mind, we are baking up a storm — we’re talking everything from classic snickerdoodles to more newfangled recipes, like these scrumptious mocha chip cookies!
Interested in the latest batch of dough hitting our baking sheets? Plain old sugar cookie dough, but with a serious twist.
Sugar cookies are always tasty, but ours have a special surprise — they have a stained glass window in the middle!
A few melted-down hard candies are all it takes to turn a plain old cookie into a bona fide work of art, just in time to impress Santa himself!
Print out the recipe card below to try making these easy-peasy treats yourself!
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 1 package colorful hard candies
- 2 sizes star-shaped cookie cutters
- Place hard candies in plastic bags and crush them into small pieces with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Mix sugar cookie dough as instructed on package, then roll out flat.
- Cut large star shapes into cookie dough, then cut smaller star shapes out of the center of each piece of dough.
- Remove smaller star shape to leave a hole, and fill space with crushed candy.
- Bake as instructed, or until candy melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.