Fill A Pumpkin With This Scrumptious Squash Soup And Pair With Pumpkin Rolls For A Hearty Meal
Share on Facebook
- Prep time is 10 minutes
- Cook time is 35 minutes
- Serves 4 people
- small baking pumpkins
- unsalted butter
- small onion, diced
- butternut squash
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the tops off mini pumpkins and empty out seeds.
- Sprinkle pumpkins with kosher salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in small pot.
- Add diced onion, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. thyme. Cover and cook until onions are soft.
- Cut butternut squash in half, empty out the seeds, and peel.
- Chop squash into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch).
- Add butternut squash and sugar to pot. Stir until glazed.
- Pour 5 cups water into pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender.
- Transfer pot contents into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour soup into mini pumpkins.
Watch the video below to find out how to make the pumpkin rolls. And if you love soup, please SHARE this article with your friends!