Chef’s Secret For A Tastier Spinach Salad Is To Add Homemade Bacon Dressing
Share on Facebook
Baby Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
- Prep time is 5 minutes
- Cook time is 10 minutes
- Serves 6 people
- thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- baby spinach
- onion, thinly sliced
- garlic cloves, minced
- apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Eggland's Best hard-cooked eggs, peeled and grated
- In a heavy cast-iron pan, cook bacon for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, and pour out all but 1/4 cup of the remaining bacon fat.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion, garlic, and sugar for 3 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Immediately add the vinegar and mustard, and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Remove the pot from heat.
- Divide the spinach evenly among individual bowls.
- Top with the warm dressing, bacon, and grated eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.