Mozzarella sticks are one of my favorite foods, probably because there’s delicious, melty cheese involved.
Between being hot, salty, cheesy, and basically a bunch of tiny pizzas if marinara sauce is added, it’s hard to think that there is any way to improve on them.
But if you’re anything like me, the only thing that makes melted cheese better is if it’s coupled with some cool flavors or zesty southwestern spices.
This marriage of flavors can be found in some of our other favorite foods like yummy nachos, enchiladas, and these savory southwestern chicken cups.
But if you want to add the same delicious flare to mozzarella sticks, we have a recipe that will make your mouth water.
These sticks have many different ingredients added in to make them even more flavorful.
Plus, they are simple to assemble and take under an hour to mix, freeze, and fry.
So, if you’re ready to spice up your traditional melty mozzarella sticks, check down below for our recipe and video tutorial!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- 1 cup roasted corn
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, corn, mozzarella, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and garlic powder with a fork.
- Evenly spread the mixture into a parchment-lined square baking pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chilled block of cream cheese mix from the parchment and move onto a cutting board.
- Slice the block into ½-inch strips.
- Dip sticks into the flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs, back into the eggs, and finally back into the bread crumbs.
- Fry the sticks in oil for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until they are golden brown.
- Once they are all fried, serve with desired dipping sauce and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.