With fall upon us, it seems everyone is obsessed with pumpkin season, but we often forget that dogs love pumpkin, too! In fact, pureed pumpkin is full of benefits for your furry friend and helps aid digestion.
This season, show your four-legged friend some love with these tasty pumpkin peanut butter dog treats that you can make in the comfort of your home. Your dog will thank you for reading this!
There are many benefits to making your own dog treats at home because you can control what goes into the recipe and ensure that your pet is getting a nutritious snack. Just remember, this should be used as a supplement to a well-balanced diet, like AvoDerm Natural Pet Food.
What I personally love most about recipe is the added touch of adding a “paw print” to eat treat. Now let’s get started!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
*Please note: When preparing homemade dog treats, make sure you take into account any allergies that your pet has to specific ingredients.
1. Gather all your ingredients, and preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Roll dough into a ball.
4. Flour the flat surface. Then, shape the cookie dough by hand and flatten.
5. Use a glass or round cookie cutter to make the shape.
6. To make a paw print in the treat, make an indentation toward the bottom of 1 circle using your thumb.
7. Next, press dough to make an arch of small circles on top of the thumbprint using your index finger.
*Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all cookies are complete.
8. Transfer treats to a baking tray. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Now they are ready!
Orion was lucky enough to be the taste tester, and he definitely enjoyed his treat! I'm sure that your dog will want second helpings, too!
Please SHARE if you think this doggy treat recipe is a fun idea.