There’s a serious craze for avocado going around these days, and we couldn’t be happier!
Sure, usually we steer clear of “trendy” foods, but what’s not to love about the avocado?
Nutritious and delicious with a creamy texture, it lends itself to everything from simple guacamole to these crispy, scrumptious avocado fries!
Lately, though, we’re pretty taken with a different variation on the avocado theme: avocado toast!
These days, you can order a plateful of this tasty treat at just about any “hip” restaurant — if you want to pay big bucks. We thought it seemed silly to pay for something so simple that anyone can make at home!
With that in mind, we compiled a few of our favorite, easy-as-pie recipes for avocado toast, with a whole range of different flavors and ingredients. There’s definitely something here for everybody!
Print out the recipe below to try making our easy collection of seven basic avocado toasts!
- Sliced whole-grain bread, toasted
- 5 avocados
- 1 lemon
- 1 fried egg
- Strawberries, sliced
1⁄4cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsps. crumbled feta
- Mango, sliced
- Pomegranate seeds
- Radish, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. pesto
- 1 Tbsp. pepitas
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- Season half an avocado with lemon and slice. Coil into a rose shape, and place on toast along with fried egg.
- Mash whole avocado with lemon and spread on toast. Top with sliced strawberries.
- Top toast with red cabbage. Add sliced avocado and feta on top.
- Mash avocado and spread on toast. Top with sliced mango and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Slice radishes and avocado. Alternating slices, cover toast completely.
- Mash avocado and spread on toast. Top with layer of pesto. Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Mash avocado and spread on toast. Sprinkle liberally with feta, chili flakes, and slivered almonds.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.