Zucchini brownies are the perfect solution to an age-old problem: How do you have your cake (or brownie!) and eat it too?
We all love the decadent chocolaty taste of brownies. Unfortunately, they’re usually packed with calories and sugar, so brownies typically aren’t the healthiest of treats.
That’s all about to change, thanks to our Secret Zucchini Brownies. These sneaky sweet treats look and taste just like ordinary chocolate brownies, but they’re hiding a healthy ingredient inside.
Our recipe swaps out calorie-laden ingredients like butter and white sugar in favor of healthy substitutes like applesauce and grated zucchini.
Best of all, these yummy brownies still taste just as gooey and delicious as ever. It’s the perfect way to slip a few extra veggies into your diet (or your kid’s) without feeling like you’re going on an un-fun health kick.
So if one of your goals for 2017 is a more nutritious diet, print out the recipe below for a scrumptious sweet that won’t hurt your health!
- 2 cups Grated zucchini
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsps. Vanilla
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 tsps. Baking soda
1⁄2tsps. Baking powder
- Chocolate chips, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, brown sugar, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together well.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing together well until a batter forms.
- Pour batter into greased brownie pan, and sprinkle liberally with chocolate chips.
- Bake 55 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.