Fall is officially here, as of September 22, meaning it’s time to unearth your boxes of sweaters and cozy up with a warm, soothing drink. It also means that it’s time to embrace the flavors of fall by making seasonal dishes that are just as beautiful as the changing leaves.
These three recipes for roasted harvest veggies are so delicious that you’ll want to add multiple entries to your fall bucket list. Better yet, they are easy to get from the oven to your table on even the busiest of fall evenings.
The first recipe combines the delectable goodness of sweet potatoes, maple syrup, and bacon to create a true feast for the senses. Who doesn’t like a dish that makes remembering to eat your vegetables a guilty pleasure?
An even more colorful option involves tossing beets, butternut squash, carrots, and red onion in a honey balsamic glaze.
For a dish that includes practically every shade of the rainbow, combine fingerling potatoes, red bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, and white wine vinegar. Thirty-five minutes later, you’ll have a side — or even a main meal — that’s restaurant-worthy.
While we may be slightly upset that summer has come to a close, there is some real comfort in knowing that we can enjoy hearty meals like these without having to worry about the next swimsuit appearance.
Scroll below to check out our yummy recipe for Roasted Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes, and check out the video for more details on our other hearty autumn vegetables!
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 lb. bacon, sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
1⁄2cup maple syrup
- pinch salt
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sliced sweet potato and unpeeled garlic cloves in mixing bowl.
- Pour olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper over veggies.
- Toss contents of the bowl until slices are all evenly coated.
- Spoon veggies onto a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon slices over the roasting veggies and put back into the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, scoop veggies into a serving bowl, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.