In my humble opinion, there are few problems in the world that can’t be solved (at least temporarily) with a thick slice of chocolate cake and glass of wine.
In terms of comfort food, it’s right up there with mac and cheese, or these deliciously toasty chicken pot pie turnovers! It’s a pretty perfect treat, no matter how you spin it.
Of course, it’s pretty hard to improve upon a recipe that’s already so tasty, but we just might have hit upon the only additional ingredient that elevates ordinary chocolate cake to a true masterpiece.
The secret ingredient? A glass of red wine!
After all, we already know that wine and chocolate are a perfect marriage — why wouldn’t it work just as well in a cake?
It might sound strange, but it’s the perfect way to make your cake extra moist with just a hint of tartness.
Print out the recipe below to try this scrumptious cake for yourself!
- 1 cup flour
1⁄4tsp. cinnamon 1⁄2cup dark cocoa powder 1⁄2tsp. baking powder
- 1 stick butter
3⁄4cup brown sugar 1⁄4cup sugar
- 2 eggs
3⁄4cup red wine
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Blend thoroughly, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix thoroughly together.
- Add two eggs and mix once more, then add wine and vanilla and mix again.
- Blend the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, mix until smooth.
- Grease cake pan, then pour in batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.