Nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like a delicious batch of home-baked treats!
Whether you wait all year for an excuse to make heart-shaped Rice Krispies treats, or you can’t wait to try this festive recipe for chocolate-and-strawberry kebabs, it’s the perfect time to show people you care with the gift of food.
This year, I’m planning to throw together a batch of delicious red velvet cupcakes, perfect for sharing with everyone! Best of all, they make for a perfect DIY valentine, ideal for friends, coworkers, and your kids’ classmates!
Of course, using red velvet cake mix is already a great way to add a little bit of Valentine’s spirit to your cupcakes, but did you know that you can also make them heart-shaped, without having to buy a special muffin tin to get the job done?
In fact, all you’ll need is an ordinary tin and a handful of plain glass marbles to create beautiful, heart-shaped treats! It’s a simple homemade hack that quickly adds a whole lot of pizzazz to the holiday.
Check out our video tutorial below to see how this simple and effective trick works. And if you can’t wait to give this technique a try for your own Valentine’s cupcakes, don’t forget to SHARE with friends and family!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
1⁄3cups of water 1⁄3cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, or to temperature noted on the boxed cake mix.
- Mix ingredients following instructions on box.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners in each cup of the muffin tin.
- Slide a marble between the cupcake liner and the inside of the pan to create an indent in the cupcake shape. Repeat for each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or for amount of time noted on box.
- Remove marble and allow to cool, then frost and decorate!
- Enjoy with friends, family, and loved ones!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.