Got some old bath towels lying around? Me too! And here’s an awesome way to “upcycle” the ones you’d otherwise throw out or never use again. In this video courtesy of HGTV Handmade, Marianne will show you how to recycle your old bath towels and turn them into a cute little bath rug. You can choose whatever colors you’d like to create these soft, cozy and adorable rugs! Here are the step-by-steps:
- Fold the towels in half and start cutting one-inch strips. Marianne cuts about 13 strips to make a medium-size rug.
- Take a strip in each color and sew the three ends together.
- Start braiding the three strips. Fold the ends underneath so the raw edges don’t show.
- Connect and sew three more strips onto those strips and continue braiding until you have one long braid.
- Sew the rug together as you shape and coil it. You’ll see the circular rug begin to take shape.
- Sew the ends together.
I absolutely love this “lifestyle hack,” along with other projects that allow you to get crafty for little-to-no money. If you do too, please SHARE it with your friends on Facebook! Image credit: Domestic Dreamboat
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.