A few years back, Kaitlin decided enough was enough — she was going to leave her relationship with her abusive partner. She knew it wouldn’t be easy, especially with two young daughters, but she took her kids and rebuilt their lives from scratch.
The single mom of two had just finished paying off her brand new furniture when everything came crashing down all over again.
One morning, Kaitlin was cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast in her new apartment when she turned her back to the frying pan. In an instant, the oil caught on fire and her stove top burst into flames.
Panicked and unsure of what to do, Kaitlin filled a bucket of water and threw it over the flames… but she quickly realized she’d made a huge mistake.
Oil and water don’t mix, so when Kaitlin tried to dump water on the grease fire her entire kitchen ignited and spread to the rest of her apartment. Luckily, she and her daughters escaped — but their entire home was destroyed. They lost all of their furniture, beds and electronics.
Kyle and Jackie O, two Australian radio DJs at KIIS 1065, heard Kaitlin’s heartbreaking story and decided to help. They told Kaitlin on-air that she and her daughters would be treated to a special Easter show.
But the surprise was far from over.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.