I enjoy a nice dinner with family and friends. But eating dinner just feels like a formality I have to go through so that I can have what I really want — dessert!
I have a major sweet tooth and when it comes time in a meal to consume a confection, I want to do that as quickly as possible.
Luckily for me, I have found an easy, quick, and deliciously satisfying dessert that can be made in about 30 minutes — that’s quicker than it takes to order pizza nowadays.
This recipe is simple and is sure to impress any guests you have over for dinner — even sugar fiends like myself.
All you need for this recipe is a few mixing bowls, spatula, and a couple of ingredients:
- 5 to 6 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup caramel balls
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice apples and place in large mixing bowl.
- Pour the sugar, 2 tbsp. flour, and 2 tsp. cinnamon into a small mixing bowl and mix together.
- Pour the mixture over apple slices and combine.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour apples into a casserole dish.
- Evenly place caramel balls through out the casserole dish.
- Take a new small mixing bowl and add ½ cup oats, ¾ cup of flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp. sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, combine thoroughly.
- Add the 6 tbsp. butter to the mixture.
- Spread this mixture over the apples in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over the top.
- Let cool and enjoy — with a scoop of ice cream!
Please SHARE if you love decadently sweet desserts like this!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.