Now that it’s fall, we finally have an excuse to infuse everything with pumpkin. From Parmesan pumpkin poppers to pumpkin crème brûlée, there is nothing that we won’t put pumpkin in — or, at the very least, try to!
To add some pumpkin pizzazz to our breakfast, we cracked some Eggland’s Best eggs into a bowl with delicious spices and pumpkin puree and whipped up pumpkin French toast.
This French toast recipe incorporates sweet flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg, which perfectly complement the pumpkin puree for an epic autumn breakfast.
For an even easier twist, we threw the French toast in the waffle iron for a few minutes to get a crisp, all-over finish. Served with a side of eggs over easy and thick-cut bacon, this is the perfect meal to make on a Sunday morning and enjoy comfortably in bed.
Check out the pumpkin French toast waffles recipe below, and make sure to SHARE this recipe with your friends who love everything pumpkin.
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
1⁄4cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsps. brown sugar
1⁄4tsp. ground ginger
- 4 slices potato bread
- In a bowl, combine the Eggland's Best eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, half-and-half, and spices.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Dip the bread one slice at a time into the mixture, and soak each side of the bread for 5 seconds.
- In a heated waffle iron, cook the bread for 3 minutes per slice.
- Serve with butter and syrup!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.