I like to think that I’m an unbiased lover of all breakfast foods.
Depending on the day and what I’m craving, I could go for anything from a simple bowl of cold cereal to an elaborate confection like this Piña Colada French toast.
Still, if I’m being really honest with myself, there’s one breakfast food I come back to again and again. For me, eggs Benedict is the ultimate recipe for enjoying at peak breakfast time: Sunday morning, with a hot cup of coffee and the funnies.
Best of all, it’s essentially impossible to get sick of eggs Benedict because there are a million variations on the theme, from a New York version with lox and capers, to a California-oriented interpretation heavy on the avocados.
At the moment, we’re obsessed with a pulled pork version that fulfills our every comfort food fantasy!
Print out the recipe below to bring this scrumptious meal to life!
- 1 tube biscuit dough
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1⁄2cup butter, melted
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Precooked pulled pork
- Separate biscuit dough, and divide into 4 biscuits.
- Place on greased pan, and bake for 17 minutes at 350 °F.
- Meanwhile, crack 4 eggs and separate yolks. Whites can be discarded or saved for another recipe.
- Over simmering water, whisk egg yolks with lemon juice.
- Slowly fold in melted butter, whisking continuously. Stir in salt and Cayenne pepper.
- Heat precooked pulled pork until warmed through.
- Poach remaining eggs over simmering water.
- Split biscuits, and top with pork and poached eggs. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Don’t forget to print the recipe and SHARE this yummy breakfast idea with foodie friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.