If you like your snacks with a little kick, prepare for your tastebuds to be wowed!
The latest delicious recipe concocted by the LittleThings culinary masters is the Puff Pastry Jalapeño Popper, a tangy cheesy snack that is oh-so easy to make at home, and incredibly delicious, much like these amazing dessert tacos!
As our busy summer days gradually turn into slightly more hectic fall days, there are a lot of things to celebrate — kids going off to school, Labor Day festivities, and, of course, the Rio Olympics.
With all of the chaos and confusion, you want to be able to serve up delicious party snacks with plenty of flavor, but with minimal cooking effort and not too heavy a time commitment.
This savory snack is just the ticket, combining the slight spicy zing of the jalapeños with ooey-gooey melting cheese, and, naturally, lots of rich bacon flavor!
Print out the recipe below to whip up these crowd-pleasing treats for your next party!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄2cup bacon bits
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- Egg wash
- 1 package puff pastry
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon bits, and garlic in a large box. Blend well with an electric hand mixer.
- Protecting your skin from the oils, halve jalapeño peppers. Scoop out seeds and pith, then discard.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets, then divide for 16 even rectangles, slightly larger than one pepper half.
- Place each pepper half onto a pastry rectangle with the hollow facing up.
- Fill the hollow with cream cheese mixture.
- Paint egg wash around the edges of the pastry, then place a second rectangle on top of each filled pepper, pressing into place along the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 °F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.