With hurricane season upon us, it’s important to be prepared in case a hurricane takes out our power and leaves us, quite literally, in the dark.
Though hurricanes don’t happen often, you never know when a natural disaster might strike, and it’s good to always be ready for the unexpected.
There are several common household items you can use in case of emergency to create makeshift candles, and there’s even a way to turn AAA batteries into AA batteries. Should a power outage occur, these tricks will ensure that you are well prepared to weather the storm.
From a hurricane to a snowstorm, there are so many reasons a power outage might occur, so prepare yourself with the tricks below!
6 Power Outage Hacks:
- Hack #1: Tape a light to an empty milk jug to amplify the light.
- Hack #2: Combine AAA batteries and aluminum foil to replace AA batteries.
- Hack #3: Use steel wool and a nine-volt battery to create a waterproof lighter.
- Hack #4: Use a crayon as a candle in a pinch.
- Hack #5: Use clay pots, sand, and water to keep perishables cool.
- Hack #6: Put vegetable oil in a Mason jar for a simple homemade candle.
Please SHARE these genius ideas with family and friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.