When it comes to preparing dinner for friends and family, I have a serious weakness for savory foods packed with flavor.
Naturally, delicious recipes get bonus points if they’re also super-simple to prepare, like this delicious recipe for pineapple grilled salmon!
And when it comes to cooking for myself and a few others, there’s something really fun about making something creative and unexpected that people will enjoy trying for the first time.
Consider chicken fried steak, a Southern comfort food classic. For people who didn’t grow up with this dish, it seems a little bit exotic, but still comes complete with plenty of familiar tastes and textures.
In fact, with that in mind, we even upped the ante, creating a bite-size version of this classic meal. It’s a perfect blend of fried steak and chicken nuggets, so naturally, we’re calling the pint-size bites “Popcorn Chicken Fried Steak!”
Print out the recipe below to try this innovative treat right at home!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsps. cornstarch
1⁄8tsp. paprika 1⁄8tsp. cayenne pepper 1⁄8tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps. buttermilk
- 1 lb. steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Combine flour, cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk together.
- Stir in buttermilk to make mixture slightly sticky.
- Roll each cube of steak in the flour mixture, dip in egg wash, and then roll again in flour. Repeat for each cube.
- Heat oil to 350 °F, then fry cubes 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain additional oil, and add any extra seasoning.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to SHARE this awesome recipe with anyone who just adores comfort food!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.