There’s nothing I look forward to more than indulging in a bowl of rich, hearty, rustic soup at the end of a long day.
In an exclusive video below, we share a recipe for the most fulfilling of all soups: one that morphs from a bubbly, cheesy pizza!
This incredibly simple recipe recreates the flavors of a yummy pepperoni pizza, and — like this seriously hearty potato soup — makes use of healthy, fresh ingredients.
The best thing about this soup is that you can make changes and tweaks in any way you like. If you love veggie pizzas, substitute the pepperoni with some peppers and olives.
If you prefer sausage pizzas, simply dot the top of the soup with sausage slices.
Whether you’ve decided to follow the instructions, or to customize and substitute with different ingredients, you’ll be sure to love this fantastic pizza-soup mash-up!
Check out the recipe below, then watch the video to see how easily you can put this perfect winter soup together.
Will you be trying your hand at this recipe in the kitchen? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
1⁄2tsp. dried oregano
- Splash of cream
- Shredded cheese
- Rustic bread for dipping
- In a skillet, add bacon, onions, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste. Stir and combine well.
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer. Use an immersion blender to purée the mixture.
- Add splash of cream, and stir.
- Pour into little soup crocks. Add cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake in oven until cheese bubbles.
- Serve with bread, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.