Like most people, I love pizza. I’ll eat it at any time of day — lunch, dinner, afternoon snack, late-night snack, even breakfast.
Yes, breakfast. Some people might judge me, but I like pizza so much that I will eat it for breakfast any day of the week.
But here’s the thing — I know eating pizza for every meal isn’t exactly the healthiest. That’s why it’s great that pizza and its flavors can be added to other foods, like pizza bagels or cauliflower crusts.
This recipe might be my new favorite, though. It’s a perfect way to eat pizza for breakfast or brunch (without getting weird looks from people!).
This pizza frittata takes all the best elements from pizza — sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, and green peppers — and puts them into an egg-based mixture.
Not only is this pizza frittata incredibly tasty, it’s also healthier for you than a regular slice of pizza. The egg gives you a good serving of protein, while the add-ins make it delicious.
And if these toppings aren’t your favorite, you can mix it up for a different flavor!
If you’re excited to try out this pizza frittata recipe ASAP, be sure to watch the video below, print the recipe, and please SHARE!
- 6 Eggs
1⁄2lb. Italian sausage
1⁄2cup Pizza sauce
1⁄8cup Fresh basil
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 Pepperoni slices
- 1 cup Arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack eggs into bowl. Whisk.
- Add cooked sausage, pizza sauce, fresh basil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to eggs. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into cast iron skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Top egg mixture with mushrooms, green peppers, and pepperoni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with arugula.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.