These days, it seems like you can transform almost anything into a cake or vice versa.
Thanks to creative culinary minds, cake can be turned into almost anything, from beautiful fluffy flowers to slimy gross cockroaches.
Alternatively, you can turn some of your favorite foods into cakes as long as you have a few pans and a little bit of patience.
You can use your favorite sweets like Rice Krispies treats, crepes, and pancakes to make pretty delectable desserts.
But what about your favorite savory foods?
Though most of us associate cake with sugary-sweet ingredients, you can also use the same principals and techniques to make a layered cake with savory food.
So what’s stopping you from making a tall, delicious, melty pizza cake using your baking pans?
You read that right, we have perfected the recipe for a fantastic layered pizza cake — and it doesn’t require any complicated techniques!
If you are going mad with the idea of digging into a multilayered pizza cake, check below to learn our recipe!
- 2 tubes pizza dough
- 3 cups pizza sauce
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Unroll 1 can of dough onto work surface. Press out into a thin layer.
- Take a deep 6-inch cake pan and trace its diameter 3 times into the dough with a knife.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Unroll remaining can of dough and cut additional two rounds with the cake pan, bake those rounds for 8 minutes as well.
- Use the remaining dough from the second tube to cut a large strip that is 1/2 inch wider than the height of the pan.
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Place the long strip of dough in and around the pan, leaving 1/2 inch hanging over the sides.
- Place one of the partially cooked dough rounds into the pan, then add pizza sauce, pepperoni slices, and mozzarella cheese.
- Continue layering the ingredients, adding a dough round in between each layer.
- For the top layer, place crust over cheese, and sprinkle remaining cheese and pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from cake pan and unravel parchment paper.
- Brush crust with butter, serve, and enjoy!
And make sure to SHARE this recipe with friends and family on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.