When it comes to my ideal breakfast, I’ve always preferred savory to sweet.
That said, I love finding a new recipe that helps me break out of my typical breakfast holding pattern and discover a new favorite morning meal.
For example, bacon and eggs may be my default, but these cinnamon roll pancakes revolutionized how I cook for my weekend brunches.
Now, my latest breakfast obsession is a similarly sweet and decadent meal: Piña Colada French Toast!
This scrumptious spread is packed with tropical flavor, which makes it the best possible breakfast for a summer morning. Naturally, it will also be my go-to for chillier months when I’m craving a taste of summer again.
Super-simple to make, it’s essentially just stuffed French toast, but with the welcome addition of plenty of pineapple and coconut to add a deliciously sunshiny kick to a traditional breakfast.
Print out the recipe card below if you can’t wait to add this to your morning repertoire!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsps. coconut cream
- 2 large eggs
1⁄2tsp. vanilla 1⁄2cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 baguette
1⁄2cups shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat 1 Tbsp. of coconut cream into cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, pineapple juice, remaining coconut cream, and sugar. Whisk together well.
- Cut your baguette into slices about 4 inches thick.
- For each piece of bread, slice into the middle, but without cutting all the way through.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the middle of each piece of bread.
- Dip each piece into egg mixture, then roll in shredded coconut until covered.
- Cook in a shallow pan, about 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown.
- Top with fresh pineapple and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.