In my experience, it’s always the right time to grab a slice of pizza.
It’s there when you need to grab a quick lunch between meetings, and it’s the ultimate comfort dinner after a long day at the office.
And need we even mention pizza for breakfast? Whether we’re talking last night’s cold slice or a fresh-made fruit-and-Nutella breakfast pizza, it never fails!
Still, despite all that pizza has going for it, we still think there’s a way to improve on the classic — by creating a deep-fish variation with a whole lasagna as the crust!
This genius recipe gives you two beloved Italian classics for the price of one, with decadently gooey pizza layers alternating with tasty lasagna noodles, ricotta, and plenty of rich meat sauce.
It’s the perfect meal to serve at a big family dinner, where people want to eat cozy comfort food, and plenty of it!
Plus, we have no doubt that you’ll be getting requests for a repeat performance for years to come; this is definitely a recipe worth writing down — or better yet, printing out the instructions below!
- 2 packs lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1⁄4tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni
- Cook and drain lasagna according to package instructions, then set noodles aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil until mushrooms are brown.
- Add ground beef, and stir in Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Pour marinara sauce over meat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover the bottom of a deep glass baking dish with marinara mixture. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spread a layer of ricotta over pasta, then top with a handful of mozzarella, and a layer of pepperoni slices, evenly spaced.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the dish is filled, ending with a pepperoni layer.
- Cover dish in foil and bake 35 minutes at 375 °F.
- Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.