When Monday morning rolls around, nothing gets me going quite like a cup of coffee. But with the temperature outside reaching highs of 100°F, the last thing I want is a steaming cup of liquid making me hotter.
I’ve had to get creative with my iced and blended coffee drinks in the scorching summer months.
Luckily, there are dozens of ways to have fun with a frozen coffee drink. This helpful hack has come in handy when making a traditional iced coffee, and for something to satisfy the sweet tooth, there’s this chocolatey peppermint mocha shake.
There’s never a bad time to drink a chocolate coffee shake, but this drink is especially good when you need a burst of sugary energy in the a.m.
You only need a few ingredients to make this coffee-shop-worthy shake — just make sure to freeze your coffee cubes the night before!
If you love sweet coffeehouse concoctions, then you’ll love this minty mocha shake. Check out the ingredients and instructions below, then watch the step-by-step video to make your own peppermint mocha delight!
- 2 tsps. peppermint extract
1⁄4cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsps. chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- In a blender, blend coffee cubes, milk, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, and mint extract until combined.
- Line a cup with chocolate syrup, then pour the coffee shake into the cup.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.