If you’re decorating for the holidays, why not take a cue from your favorite fairy tales and winter wonderlands and make something out of candy?
Candy might seem like an odd decorative choice, but prepared the right way, they’ll last a long time and add a cute touch to any table!
- Peppermint candies
- Parchment or wax paper
- Baking pan
- A heat-resistant bowl (we used a small glass one)
- Pot holder
- Line a baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Unwrap and lay out your peppermint candies on the paper.
- Bake at 300 °F for about 8 minutes or until they’ve melted together.
- Remove from oven and press the bottom your small bowl into the center of the melted candies.
- Fold the paper around the bowl so that the melted candy touches the bowl’s sides.
- Turn the bowl upside down and press the candy into shape using a pot holder — the candy will be hot!
- Press and hold until the candy retains its shape, and then let sit and cool for 8 minutes.
- Peel the parchment paper away, then turn right side up and pop the glass bowl out.
Once it’s ready, you can fill it with candies, nuts, or anything you like! Just avoid anything wet, so as to preserve the bowl.
And be sure to SHARE with all your friends looking for a new way to decorate — or a way to get rid of some uneaten candies!
These sweet little peppermint bowls are sure to add some sparkle to any table!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.