Every fan of Italian food has a go-to item on the menu. Maybe it’s a pizza Margherita. Maybe it’s fettuccine Alfredo. Or maybe it’s spaghetti bolognese.
For me, it’s penne alla vodka. There’s something so comforting and yummy about al dente penne that’s drenched in a creamy, smooth, tomato sauce. Top it off with a little Parmesan cheese, and you have yourself a bite of heaven.
If you also love penne alla vodka, you’ll absolutely love this recipe. It combines all of your favorite things about the Italian pasta dish with the appetizer-friendliness of mozzarella sticks.
This cheesy, delicious bites will have your friends begging for your recipe and your kids or grandkids asking for seconds!
Not only are these fried penne alla vodka bites tasty; they’re super-simple to make! You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients — just a few simple items.
All you need is some regular penne, a jar of vodka sauce, a little time, and you’ll have a great appetizer in just a few hours — you could even use leftover penne alla vodka from a restaurant!
This is a great recipe to put in your recipe book. Not only can you make these bites with penne alla vodka, you can actually make them with any of your favorite pasta dishes. It’s delicious, easy, and versatile.
If you’re excited about this recipe, print out the recipe card below and start cooking!
- 1 pound mini penne
- 1 jar vodka sauce
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1⁄2tsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsps. milk
- 4 eggs
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cook penne until al dente.
- Mix sauce and cheeses with penne.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Shape into discs and put onto parchment paper.
- Freeze discs for 2+ hours.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, basil, pepper, paprika, sugar, and chili powder.
- Coat discs in egg mix, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Freeze for another hour.
- Fry at 350 °F, until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.