In the deep, dark days of winter, there’s nothing that I love more than a yummy slice of homemade pie!
Right now, we’re loving this scrumptious recipe for peanut butter banana cream pie. Like this twist on old-fashioned apple, it’s a tasty new take on the classic banoffee pie, with a delicious comfort-food quality that’s all its own!
- 22 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large egg yolks
- Sliced bananas
- Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulse sandwiches cookies and peanuts into a fine, crumb-like mixture.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Press mixture securely into bottom of pie plate.
- Bake at 350 °F for 12 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and half-and-half, then whisk gently.
- Add egg yolks, whisk thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until it turns into a pudding.
- Cover and chill until cool to the touch.
- Line the pie crust from earlier with sliced bananas.
- Once cool, spoon the pudding onto the bananas, and spread into one smooth layer.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream for topping, adding vanilla extract as you whisk.
- Top the pie with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Slice, plate, and add a cookie for garnish if desired. Enjoy!
Check out the video below to see how to make your very own pb&b pie.
And if you can’t wait to try out this recipe, don’t forget to SHARE on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.