I don’t know about you, but I look forward to Fourth of July all year!
My family throws a big barbecue, and everyone near and far gathers to celebrate with fireworks, beer, and of course, delicious burgers like this bacon-wrapped delight!
Of course, you also have to have great, festive decorations! In addition to a big flag, I like to DIY a few patriotic crafts to help celebrate the spirit of Independence Day.
At the moment, my absolute favorite is this adorable design for making a votive flag from scratch, out of Mason jars!
- Chalk Paint (Red, White, Blue)
- Painter’s Tape
- 2 Small Mason Jars
- 1 Large Mason Jar
- Hole Punch
- Paint Brushes
- Cut out small dots from vinyl. Attach the dots to small jars.
- Paint both small jars with white paint.
- Wrap painter’s tape around the jars in stripe pattern. Paint over with red paint.
- Paint large jar with white paint.
- Cut star shapes out of vinyl and attach to large jar.
- Paint big jar blue.
- Let paint dry on all jars, and remove the vinyl stickers and tape.
- Place votives in jars, and enjoy!
If you love the look of this cute and patriotic craft, make sure to SHARE before the big day!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.