Fourth of July parties mean heat, and heat means you’d better have something cold to drink! Seriously, you don’t want to be out in the heat of the summer without plenty of fluids.
But just because a beverage is a necessity, doesn’t mean it can’t be festive. This summer, make yourself a glass that does double duty in looking cute and preventing your drink from sloshing all over the place.
The solution? Everyone’s crafting favorite — the mason jar!
We already know they make great lanterns for when the sun goes down, but here’s how to use some during the day.
And it’s also 100% customizable! We opted for some red, white, and blue, though, in honor of the holiday.
- Mason jars
- Festive paper
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Drinking straws
- Separate the two-part lid of the mason jar. Trace the flat circle on the paper.
- Cut out the circle.
- Turn the threaded part of the lid upside down and apply a small amount of glue around the edge.
- Press the edges of the paper circle into the lid. Let dry.
- Pour your drink into the mason jar.
- Screw on the paper-covered lid. Using a straw, poke a hole through the paper. Now you can sip without spilling!
Check out the video below to see how it’s done — and please SHARE if you love cheap, easy, and adorable crafts!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.